- Visa application should be lodged at least 2 months prior to the course commencement date.
All Photocopies should be clear and should be Notarized
- All Original Documents should also be accompanied by one set of Clear Notarized Photocopy
- Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) Stamp is not required for New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA.
- (a) The Consulate does not consider the value of Immovable Properties, LIC Policies, Shares, Bonds, Mutual Funds and Jewelers for the purpose of funding the Education in New Zealand. However, they should be shown in the Summary Statement in order to reflect your net worth.
(b) In case of liquid Assets, you should consider the Investment Value and not the maturity value. In case of PPF and Employees Provident Fund, the Visa officer will only consider the amount available for withdrawal. However, you can mention the complete amount as shown in the Passbook / Statement.
(c) Please note that for all the assets that are shown in the Summary Statement, documentary evidence is necessary.
- (a) The funds required to be shown for Visa purpose will depend on the duration of the course as mentioned on the Offer letter.
(b) For e.g. If the Offer letter mentions Postgraduate Diploma (Duration - One Year), then funds should be shown only for One year as follows:
Tuition fee - NZ $ ________
+ Living Expense - NZ $ 10000
+ Airfare - Rs. 50000
(c) The required liquid funds can be shown either through 100% bank Loan or partly through bank Loan and partly through other acceptable liquid funds. You can show any number of Bank accounts.
(d) (1) Please Note that the Visa officer will calculate the Value of One New Zealand Dollar as what prevails on the day when the Visa Application is assessed.
(2) Therefore, it is advisable to take the conversion rate of New Zealand Dollar on a slightly higher side for the purpose of arriving at the actual cost of Education in New Zealand.
- You can apply for Student Visa even 6 months prior to your course start date.
- The duration of Student Visa is normally one year. If required it can be easily renewed in New Zealand. The student need not come back to Nepal to renew his Student Visa.
- (a) On a Student Visa, the student can work part-time for 20 hours per week during term time and full time during vacation. (b) The minimum wage in New Zealand is NZ$ 10 per hour. Majority of the Nepali students are able to recover their living cost through part time jobs.
- On completion of the course the student will be eligible to get a 6 month open work permit which will be stamped in New Zealand. During this time if he gets a job offer his student visa can be converted into a work permit.
- Since a New Zealand qualification attract bonus points, most students even become eligible to file their expression of interest for permanent residency, as soon as they get a job offer.
(a) Dependants can also accompany the student. If a student is pursuing a postgraduate course, the dependant is allowed to work full time on a work visa.
(b) In case the student is pursuing a graduate diploma the dependant can travel to New Zealand on a visitors Visa.