Instructions about the method to get admission in Chinese Universities
Methods to Apply in China for studying
1. Exchanges between governments
Handled in the light of the bilateral exchanges agreements between the governments.
2. Inter-college exchanges
Handled in accordance with exchanges agreements between the colleges or universities.
3. Recommendations by communities
Applying by means of China's relevant organizations or directly to related universities or colleges in China by foreign universities or colleges, educational organizations, friendship groups.
4. Individual Applications
Individual students may apply through China's relevant agencies or directly to the relevant universities or colleges in China.
Preparation of Application Materials
1. Application forms for studying in China
2. Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
3. Diplomas of the latest degree, courses learned and transcripts
4. As an extra, recommending letters by two teachers with titles of or above associate professor (or the equivalent)
or persons of higher positions for those who apply for Master' degree or doctoral degree studies.
5. Apart from items above, consignee identification of matters in China and certificate of economic guarantee need
to be provided in the case of those who are at their own expense.
6. The above materials must be in Chinese or English, or with translation in any of these two languages. Relevant
forms may be available from Chinese embassies (consulates) or concerned universities in China.
When to Apply
Foreign students of bilateral exchanges projects between governments should apply through relevant departments of their own countries, which are in charge of choosing and sending students to China, from February 1 to April 30.
Entrance Examinations and Tests
For learners and trainees of Chinese languages, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of education certificates.
1. For those to be undergraduates of arts, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of degree certificates, medium stage C level certificates of HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi -Chinese Proficiency Test), and the examinations and tests held by the universities.
2. For those to be scientific, medical, agricultural, or technological undergraduates, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of degree certificates, primary stage C level of HSK result, and the Admission examinations.
3. Those to be postgraduates ought to have bachelor's degrees certificates, certificates for courses already attended and transcripts, recommendations of two associate professors (or with titles above), and will have to pass the entrance examinations arranged by relevant universities. Only by means of attending courses arranged by the universities and passing courses examinations after they arrive in China can these students gain their qualifications to prepare theses, or otherwise they will have to graduate as trainees. The applicants already in China should attend united postgraduate Admission examinations held by China. The graduates from universities in China and of the same year may be enrolled by universities and colleges in light of China's recommendation admission methods without usual entrance examinations.
4. Applicants for doctoral study must be of Master's degrees, with certificates, list of courses accomplished, two recommendation letters by teachers with titles of associate professor or above, and pass the examinations or tests held by the universities and colleges. Applicants already in China should attend united doctoral students admission examinations held for native students. Foreign postgraduates in China who are qualified of graduating and studying for doctorates ahead of schedule can study for doctoral degrees in advance according to the relevant regulations.
5. The would-be undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral students of artistic colleges are required to offer the
photos or tape records of their artistic works and tutor's recommendations as well.
6. Foreign students who have graduated in China will be granted priority to return for further education.
7. Foreign students, of all types, will be examined by relevant universities, and enrolled on the basis of competitive
The application for change of institution or major and the extension of study of scholarship students
1) The institution, major, research topic and duration of each scholarship student having been set when enrolled, in principle, cannot be changed. If there do exist valid reasons to change, the students shall contact relevant institutions on their own (within the 80 institutions), they should get approved from the institution they are studying at and the institution they want to transfer to. The foreign embassy in China shall note the China Scholarship Council (CSC) together with the approval letters from relevant institutions. After approval, they can make the change.
2) Scholarship students who finish the planned study and want to extend their study in China shall apply to the institution. If agreed, the institution will give the students approval letters. If they want to change to other institutions, they shall submit the approval letter from the target institution. The foreign embassy in China or the competent authority in charge of overseas students in the dispatching country shall note in write the CSC together with the approval letter.